Global Business Opportunities
Think Global. Think Bradenton Area.
Is it possible to grow a global business while enjoying the coastal Florida lifestyle? Absolutely! The Bradenton Area is already home to countless businesses serving global markets. From advanced manufacturing and agriculture technologies to clean energy and life sciences, companies with worldwide markets are profiting by locating here.
Whether yours is a foreign-based company seeking a U.S. presence or a local business investigating overseas markets, the Bradenton Area EDC is your one-stop connection to vital services.
Here’s a sampling of how the Bradenton Area EDC and its partners can help boost your global business:
Assistance for Foreign-based Businesses
Our sophisticated approach to business recruitment is underpinned by our innate desire to provide essential services to companies entering the U.S. market. Because fostering a diverse business climate and community is important to our mission, we believe no question or ask is too big or too small. Below is a quick snapshot of the services and assets.
- Immigration issues (visas, taxes, personnel relocation)
- Establishing a U.S. business (legal issues, bank accounts, utilities, taxes)
- Language translation
- Referrals to essential business services
- Foreign Trade Zone #169 at Port Manatee
Assistance for Local Businesses Seeking to Export
Getting started and overcoming obstacles – The EDC’s partnership with the U.S. Commercial Service will help your business start off on the right foot. If you already are frustrated by previous attempts to export, the EDC and its partners will help you get on track.
Expanding your markets – Working with Enterprise Florida, the state’s economic development agency, we assist local businesses connect with state-sponsored trade missions to foreign countries. Looking to ship by sea? The EDC experts at Port Manatee provide advice and access to global business relationships.
Grants and financing – Federal and state programs may be available to help reduce the cost of exporting your goods or services.
– Trade Partners Grant – grant to offset the cost of attending a Bradenton Area EDC overseas trade mission or Enterprise Florida sponsored trade mission
– Target Sector Trade Show Grant – grant to offset the cost of up to 50% of trade show booth at a new trade show to your company
– Global Website Grant – grant to offset the cost of globalizing your website
– Foreign Market Concierge program – grant to offset the cost of finding a single country representative (distributor) in a foreign market.
Talk to the EDC to learn more. At the Bradenton Area EDC, thinking global is what we do. Let us help your global business thrive. Contact us today.