Effective date: December 16, 2019
The Information We Collect
The information we collect and how we use that information is dependent upon your interactions with us and the Website as detailed below. We collect information such as your name, email address, phone number, and any other information you provide to us, when you utilize the “Contact Us” function on our Website. Should you send us an email, we will collect your name, email address, and any other information you provide to us in connection with your inquiry. We collect information from you each time you visit the Website, through our use of internet cookies and other tracking technologies, which enable us to collect information including your computing device’s internet protocol address, device type, operating system, internet browser type, internet browser version, the time, date and length of time spent of each of the pages of our Website, a unique device identifier, information about device type, language preference, geographic location, internet browsing history and where available, gender, approximate age, and browsing behavior. More information about our use of internet cookies is included in a self-titled section below.
Our Website utilizes a pop-up window, which permits you to register to receive our newsletter by providing us with your email address. You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by following the instructions included at the bottom of each Newsletter email for unsubscribing.
In connection with surveys conducted through our Website, we collect the aggregated total number of responses and the date of the responses received. To the extent you choose to use the LinkedIn functionality on the Website to connect with us, we have access to, but do not collect your first and last name and company name. If you choose to utilize the YouTube functionality to subscribe to our YouTube channel, we have access to, but do not collect your YouTube username. If you follow us on Instagram, we have access to, but do not collect your Instagram username. When you choose to follow us on Facebook, we have access to, but do not collect your name and email address. We do collect a Facebook pixel identification number, to the extent you permit us to utilize cookies, for targeted advertising on Facebook.
Our Use of the Information We Collect
We use the information you provide to us when you use the “Contact Us” function on our Website, or send us an email, to respond to your inquiry. We use the information we collect through use of internet cookies for marketing purposes, including lead generation and advertising. We use information collected from your device and internet browser types to improve and optimize your user experience browsing the Website. We use details such as the time, date, and length of time spent browsing various pages of our Website to determine which content our users most prefer. We use information about the geographic location and language preferences to determine regions of the country that have shown interest in our organization. We use internet protocol address and browsing behavior (where available) to diagnose and troubleshoot network and Website issues, and to detect fraud, and malicious activity occurring on our Website. We also use internet protocol address and unique device identifier information for marketing and advertising purposes.
To the extent you provide your consent to receive our newsletter we use your email address to provide you with the newsletter. Please be advised that you have the option to opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us at any time by following the unsubscribe link and instructions provided in any email we send.
As noted in the foregoing section concerning the information we collect information, including your computing device’s internet protocol address, internet browser type, internet browser version, the time, date and length of time spent of each of the pages of our Website, a unique device identifier, information about device type, language preference, geographic location, internet browsing history and where available, gender, approximate age, and browsing behavior. An internet cookie is a small data file, which is stored to your computing device. Cookies provide us with information about you as noted above. We also use other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, tags and scripts, which enables us to collect information about which webpages on our Website are most popular among visitors and the length of time a user spends on our Website for purposes of improving and analyzing our Website.
Depending upon your internet browser type, you may have the option to adjust your internet browser settings to refuse some or all types of internet cookies or to otherwise alert you when a cookie is being sent to your computing device by a website. It is entirely up to you as to whether you wish to enable these settings. Please be advised that if you configure your internet browser to refuse or reject internet cookies, some functions of the Website will not operate properly.
Disclosure of the Information We Collect
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
We will disclose your information if we are required to do so by law or in response to a subpoena, court order, or similar legal demand from law enforcement or a government agency. We will also disclose your information as necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation imposed on us;
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Bradenton Area Economic Development Corporation;
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
• To protect Bradenton Area Economic Development Corporation against legal liability
Disclosure to Service Providers
In connection with providing the Website and our services, we utilize third party service providers (“Service Providers”). These Service Providers include web and data hosting, software, marketing, and logistics service providers. In each case, the Service Provider’s access to personal information is restricted for use only as required to perform their services to us. We also utilize advertising and data analytics service providers.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility or liability for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not knowingly market, solicit, or collect personally information from anyone under the age of 13 years old. You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Website. If you are a parent or guardian of a minor child and you are aware that your child has provided us with any personal information, please contact us to have it removed immediately.
If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will provide prominent notice on the main page of the Website.
Your Options Regarding Information We Have Collected
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete any of the information you have provided us, please contact us using the information listed under the heading “Contact Us.” Please clearly describe your request to us in any communication in sufficient detail so that we may be able to locate your information, or in the alternative, contact you (to the extent not prohibited by applicable law) to verify your request or to obtain additional information necessary to complete your request. Please do not provide us any details other than your name and email address.
European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation
The European Union’s (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) requires us to provide a data subject located in the EU with certain information when their personal data is collected. References included in this section to terms including “controller,” “data subject,” “personal data,” “processor,” and “supervisory authority” are intended to refer to and have the same meanings conferred to those terms in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of Council of 27 April 2016.
• The controller of the personal data is Bradenton Area Economic Development Corporation, Lakewood Ranch at the McClure Center, 4215 Concept Court, Bradenton, FL 34211.
• Bradenton Area Economic Development Corporation is located in the United States and does not expect to transfer any data out of the EU or Economic Area, however, to the extent any such transfer may be required, it will be done so in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations and by using approved mechanisms for transferring personal data, including the model clauses approved by the European Commission.
• The personal data we collect is maintained for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes set forth in this Policy and meet any other legal obligation for which retention of the information is required.
• Depending upon the given function that you choose to engage in on the Website, the personal data we seek to collect from you will be designated as either “required” or “optional.” Where we designate that certain information is required in connection with a particular function on the Website, this information is required in order to complete the function and submit the request to us. If you choose not to provide us with the required information, you will not be permitted to complete the request. Information that is designated as “optional” is optional to provide to us.
• The GDPR entitles EU data subjects to certain data rights under the GDPR, including (1) the right to request access to personal data, (2) the right to request rectification of inaccurate information we may have about you, (3) the right to object to a processing activity under certain circumstances, (4) the right to data portability for the personal information that we maintain about you, (5) the right to have your personal data erased or deleted, (6) the right to impose a restriction on our processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, (7) the right to make a complaint against us with a supervisory authority, and (8) to the extent our processing of your personal data is based upon consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You may exercise any of your data rights by contacting us using the information provided below.
• By email: [email protected]
• By Telephone: (941) 803-9030
• By mail: Bradenton Area Economic Development Corporation, Lakewood Ranch at the McClure Center, 4215 Concept Court, Bradenton, FL 34211